CurlyRed Inc. is a Baltimore-based branding, print and web design firm. CurlyRed opened its doors in 2007 with the desire to create usable art, and has provided creative and timeless branding, print and web solutions for companies and non-profits across the country. In 2011, CurlyRed was officially certified as a MBE/WBE business by the State of Maryland.
We believe in good design for everyone.
This internship is open to college students working on their degree in graphic design. It is an unpaid position, for college credit. The days/hours for this internship are somewhat flexible, CurlyRed will work around class and work schedules. The internship will start in June.
- Assisting Ms. Ludwig (the owner of CurlyRed) with the production (and possible design) of print and web materials, including but not limited to logos, identities, publications, brochures, advertisements, posters, promotional materials, websites, etc.
- Scanning images, color correcting or modifying images, and updating design files.
- Providing administrative office support, including file and database management, answering the phone, and other office-related tasks.
- Possibly accompanying Ms. Ludwig to occasional client meetings and/or networking events.
Candidates should have:
- Proficiency with the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Word.
- Some samples or a portfolio of design work.
- Reliable transportation—CurlyRed is located in the Reisterstown, MD area.
- A Macbook with Adobe Creative Suite CS installed.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to learn about the business side as well as the creative side or what comes with owning a graphic design business.
If you think you'd be a good fit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and samples of your work. Thank you!